The numbers that make up TAFE Queensland

What do the numbers 50, 135, and 500 have in common? They're part of what makes TAFE Queensland what it is today.

15 Oct 2017


In 2017 TAFE Queensland celebrated its 135th birthday. That’s right, we’ve been part of the vocational education and training sector since 1882.


Each year we deliver training to more than 120,000 students. In our 135 year history, we’ve taught, educated, and trained over seven million students.

We have a student satisfaction rate of 87 per cent – and we’re working very hard on the other 13 per cent.


TAFE Queensland offers more than 500 nationally-recognised qualifications, from entry-level skill sets through to higher education degrees, across almost 80 study areas.


TAFE Queensland delivers training at over 50 locations across the state, from as far north as Thursday Island right down to Coolangatta. That’s an area over three times bigger than the size of France!


All of our diploma and higher-level courses have pathways to degrees. That’s more than 270 university pathways available to students who choose to study at TAFE Queensland.


With 86 per cent of our graduates going on to work or further study, TAFE Queensland is the logical choice for anyone wanting to further their career.

TAFE Queensland makes great happen. But don’t just take our word for it, hear what our students have to say.


If you’re ready to get started with TAFE Queensland, check out our courses or contact us today.

Make an enquiry

Fill in your details and we’ll be in contact soon.

Please enter your first name

Please enter your last name

Please enter valid email address

Please enter your phone number

Please confirm you have read TAFE Queensland’s Privacy Policy.

© TAFE Queensland 2018.
RTO 0275 | CRICOS 03020E