1 Jul 2016
Soup recipe makes 4 serves.
- 1 tsp extra virgin peanut oil
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ cup carrots, chopped into chunks
- 1 cup pumpkin, chopped into chinks
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato juice
- ½ cup peanut paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- natural yoghurt
- peanuts, chopped
- fresh chives, cut into sticks
- Fry onion and red chilli in peanut oil until tender.
- Add ginger, carrots, pumpkin and chicken stock. Simmer until all ingredients are cooked and tender.
- Add tomato juice, peanut butter and sugar.
- Bring back to the boil, season, and then blend until smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt, sprinkle on chopped peanuts and chives.
By Chef Jason Ford (TAFE Queensland hospitality teacher, Kingaroy)
For more information about hospitality and cookery courses avaialble at TAFE Queensland visit www.tafeqld.edu.au.
Make an enquiry
Fill in your details and we’ll be in contact soon.