7 Sep 2016
Panna cotta recipe serves six.
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups diced assorted soft fruits
- Combine cold water and gelatine – mix to a smooth paste.
- In a saucepan add cream, sugar, peanut meal and peanut butter.
- Warm over a medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Do not boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add the gelatine mixture. Cool the cream mixture to room temperature.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla essence.
- Divide the mixture equally among ramekins or dariole moulds, and refrigerate overnight to set.
- Cut assorted seasonal soft fruits (e.g. kiwi fruit, mango, blueberries and strawberry) into 1cm cubes and spoon over panna cotta to serve.
By Chef Jason Ford (TAFE Queensland hospitality teacher, Kingaroy)
For more information about hospitality and cookery courses available at TAFE Queensland visit www.tafeqld.edu.au.
Make an enquiry
Fill in your details and we’ll be in contact soon.