10 Feb 2017
In the lead up to Valentine’s Day we asked our hospitality and cookery teachers to share their favourite recipes. This classic olive oil chocolate mousse is great for anyone who is pressed for time (you’ll only need about 10 minutes to set up/clean up, 20 minutes to make, and 5 minutes to garnish and serve), or is looking for a relatively simple recipe that will still wow that special someone…
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 100ml pouring cream, whipped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup mixed berries
- Place chocolate in a bowl over a water bath of hot water, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine chocolate and cream in a bowl, slowly pour oil in, continuing to whisk until thick. Spoon into serving glass and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve mousse topped with berries.
- Think about how you are going to garnish the olive oil chocolate mousse ahead of time (you don’t necessarily have to use mixed berries)
- Do not add any water to the melted chocolate.
- Slowly add cream to melted chocolate and FOLD in
- Everything should be done by hand for the best results
For more information about hospitality and cookery courses available at TAFE Queensland visit www.tafeqld.edu.au.
Make an enquiry
Fill in your details and we’ll be in contact soon.