14 Feb 2017
Want to turn heads this Valentine’s Day with the dreamiest hairstyle, but not sure where to start?
When creating a modern romantic style look at what is popular on the red carpet: soft modern curls and texture.
Still need help? Here are 10 tips to achieve the perfect romantic hairstyle with ease courtesy of Sarah Courtney, one of our TAFE Queensland hairdressing teachers and wedding hair specialist.
10 tips to achieve the perfect romantic hairstyle
- Prep your hair correctly by blow drying a soft hold mousse into the hair prior to styling. This will give volume, hold and longevity to the style.
- To give more lift at the roots you can use texture or volume dust to help create a base for back combing or teasing.
- Use sectioning clips to take small sections when curling. The smaller the section, the tighter the curl.
- If you like a softer curl, make sure your curl is firm and tighter to start with by taking small sections, and then comb out with a wide tooth comb.
- A soft curl style can also be turned into a soft loose braid or half-up and half-down look.
- To create a messier, tousled look you can spray a light shine to smooth and re-comb OR use more texture dust.
- For more body and texture to the ends of your curls, use a wide tooth comb to back comb the end up.
- A light hold hairspray will allow more movement and bounce to your style.
- A nice head piece or floral crown can make a simple style more formal an elegant.
- Don’t forget you can recycle your curls to a softly swept upstyle the next day.
Photography by Made for This Photography
Hair by Sarah Courtney, TAFE Queensland
Makeup by Mirror Mirror Make-Up Artistry
Dressed by Valentine Bride
Flowers by Dean’s Floristry
For more information about TAFE Queensland’s hairdressing courses visit www.tafeqld.edu.au.
Make an enquiry
Fill in your details and we’ll be in contact soon.